our digital marketing agency
Website Design and Inbound Marketing Experts
A small team with big ideas.
DuBose Web is a different kind of web design and digital marketing agency. Our team is made up of a variety of talent: website developers, interactive designers and inbound marketing strategists - just to name a few. While our creative and technical strengths differ, we all share a common desire to build relationships with the clients we work with. Our tagline, “relationship minded, community focused” rings true to every project our team takes on, no matter the size or scope.
Since 2008, our mission has been to provide long-term growth for our partners’ businesses by connecting communities through successful digital marketing initiatives. While we have evolved tremendously since our beginnings, our core values of benevolence, passion, integrity and creativity have remained the same. DuBose is like a family, and we strive to make our partners feel the same sense of warmth and welcomeness our team experiences every day.
Blake is the founder and president of DuBose Web Group. He leads and supports our team daily by ensuring we have the resources and guidance needed to serve our partners well. He is in constant communication with our community, building new relationships and nurturing long-time connections. He is passionate about understanding the unique challenges companies are facing and using our team’s strengths to grow their businesses through web design and digital storytelling. A graduate of Newberry College, Blake is a member of the Columbia Capital Rotary Club where he previously served as president, as well as C12, a Christian business peer advisory group. Beyond his work at DWG and in his community, Blake makes his family his top priority. He loves to create memories with his wife and children through travel, sports, nature and small projects around the house. He is also a deacon at his church and plays guitar in the church band.
Recent blogs by Blake DuBose:
- Please Join Us In Welcoming Three New Members To The DuBose Web Team!
- New Threats For A New Era: Protecting Your Personal And Business Security Online
- The Dangerous New Legal Scam Targeting Your Website
- Supporting Blue Star Mothers
- Students Start The Year Right With Help From Columbia Companies
- Local Philanthropists Donate $50,000 To Save Animals’ Lives
- Join Us In Helping Hungry People And Homeless Pets
- During Holiday Travels, Local Organizations Gather Donations For Care Kits
Julie serves our team and partners as creative director, overseeing the creative process from concept to completion. She ensures our websites are as intuitive as they are aesthetically pleasing, and that all digital strategies are unique to the organization they belong to. Julie holds a BA in graphic design with a minor in art history from the University of South Carolina and considers herself an interdisciplinary designer with more than 15 years of experience in art direction, branding, print and digital design, architecture and interior design. When she’s not working, she enjoys reading, traveling to new places (mainly obscure and quaint towns), playing with her kids, relaxing by any body of water and doodling in her sketch pad.
Recent blogs by Julie Goguen:
- What Is The Value In UX Web Design
- DuBose Web Partners With Midlands Tech For Continuing Web Education
- DuBose Web President Voted One Of Columbia, SC’s “Best And Brightest Under 35”
- Allow Us To (Re)Introduce Ourselves
- The Dangers Of A Slow-Loading Website
- The Art of Building Successful Websites
- Social Media For Businesses: A Guide To Connecting With Customers Online
- Designing Successful Internet Marketing Strategies
Digital Marketing Strategist
Emily is one of DuBose Web’s digital marketing strategists. A graduate of the University of South Carolina with a BA in public relations, she combines the creative and analytical sides of her brain to create and implement strategies that help our partners reach and exceed their goals. She is passionate about working with excellence, making every day count and helping others in any way she can. Outside of work, Emily and her husband are very involved with their church and love spending time worshipping. They love to cook together, hike with their dogs, Piper and Boone, and spend time outside kayaking, fishing and gardening. She also enjoys reading, working out and being behind the camera for her photography business.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Hannah is one of DuBose Web’s digital marketing strategists. She holds a BA in public relations from the University of South Carolina and is passionate about goal setting, writing and connecting with the people around her. She works closely with our partners to identify their goals and create actionable strategies to bring them success, breaking down big ideas into small steps that bring incredible impact over time. Outside of work she enjoys spending time with her husband, getting in a solid workout at Burn Boot Camp, catching live music whenever possible and snuggling her unusually friendly cat, Leo, and 55 pound lap dog, Bryn.
Recent blogs by Hannah Armistead:
- PPC Pros and Cons (And How to Make Paid Ads Work for You)
- Digital Marketing for Tourism Industry: How to Extend Peak Season
- 5 Essential Marketing Strategies for Higher Education
- President Spotlight | Blake DuBose
- How to Communicate Your Value
- How to Find Your Niche Market
- Where Are Your Customers Coming From?
- What “Target Audience” Means for Marketers
Lauren is DuBose Web’s interactive designer. She implements creative design solutions for our partners, as well as for our own brand. She is the mastermind behind website design mockups, social media graphics, content downloads and more. As a graduate of Newberry College, Lauren holds a degree in graphic design and currently serves on the Kappa Delta advisory board mentoring collegiate leaders. In her free time, she loves to stay home with her husband and Aussiedoodle, Knox, watching horrible reality TV, traveling, exploring Columbia and cheering on the Gamecocks in any and all sporting events.
Recent blogs by Lauren Pinckney:
- 9 Creative Lead Generation Ideas to Attract and Convert
- DWG Employee Spotlight | Hannah Armistead
- DWG Employee Spotlight | Emily Collins
- Digital Marketing Agency Owner Defines Success
- 4 Quick Tips For Content Marketing
- 6 Ways Social Media Marketing Can Help Your Business
- 15 Creative Agencies You Should Follow On Social Media
- Common Myths About A Creative Agency
part of the community
We exist because we love what we do. We also believe that, as a business, we have the power and duty to contribute to the communities in which we make a living. With a genuine desire to help our partners and our hometown, we work with organizations that serve the community. We have deep experience in industries such as education, economic development, non-profit, local government, healthcare, and tourism. And, in everything we do, we strive to improve the lives of others: employees, partners, vendors, suppliers, and neighbors. We support local charities like Pawmetto Lifeline, Connie Maxwell Children’s Home, and Harvest Hope with donations of time and resources, fostering ties within our team and beyond as we work together to improve our communities. We also partner with others in the DuBose Family of Companies for events like Adopt-a-Highway road pickups and helping out at the Salvation Army’s Christmas Warehouse.
the dubose web culture code
We aspire to always be compassionate, encouraging, respectful, and empathetic in all situations to our employees, partners, and community.
Always encourage growth and positive change for our employees and our partners through hunger, commitment and unwavering determination.
Do the right thing when no one is looking. Always strive to be honest, transparent and open with each other and our partners.
Think outside the box. Do not be afraid or constrained by the past and always look for new opportunities to improve.
Ready to get started with your project? Contact us today to find out how we can help.